Thursday, September 11, 2008

Europe Trip - Day 21

Day 21 - Going home

Waiting in the plane to take off in Edinburgh

Flying over Greenland... can you see all the icebergs?

Greenland again

Waiting in the JFK airport... FINALLY able to text again. YES!

Cool sunset while we were waiting to take off.

New York by night :)

So... as some of you know... I have finally come home. It was quite the long trip back. I think it took like 15 hours for me to actually get home. We had to wake up real early Wednesday morning so we could get ready, pick up the car, and get to the airport. My dad's flight left almost 2 hours before mine and mom's... so that's the main reason we had to get up so early. We got there in time even though dad was stressing cuz he thought we were going to be late. When he finally got on the plane, me and mom had a bit to just sit around. I didn't know what to do cuz you had to pay to use the internet in the airport... so I just played some chess on my computer till it was time to head to our gate and wait to get seated. It didn't seem too long, so that was good. I was just worried cuz it was 7 1/2 hour flight from Edinburgh to New York... which is where our layover was. It seemed like that was going to be the longest flight EVER cuz I decided not to sleep at all the entire trip home so I would be able to go to bed once I got home. The 7 1/2 hours actually went by really fast because... luckily enough... the plane we were on had those screens that were in the back of the head rests and the movies were on demand. I was really excited. They had like 20 movies you could pick from. I ended up watching 3... almost 4 movies before we landed. It made the trip go by extremely fast. I didn't even know it had been 7 hours. It was nice to watch movies besides the one's on my computer too. We got to New York... went through the passport check... got our luggage... went through customs... dropped off our luggage... and still had like a 4 hour wait till our next plane left to Salt Lake. That was such a long wait. There was absolutely nothing to do. I wandered around the terminal for a bit... and then went back so mom could wander around for a bit. Cuz you know... someone had to stay with our stuff so we didn't have to lug it around everywhere. I ended up watching Wall-E again so I had something to pass the time. The wait was finally over and we got onto the plane. By this time I was getting pretty tired already cuz in England it would've been like midnight. I still had a 5 hour flight ahead of me to stay awake for. It was really hard. I watched the movie... which wasn't the most entertaining movie. It was called "Recount" and it was an entire movie about the recount in Florida when Gore and Bush ran for president last time. UGH!! I could've shot myself. Unless you're into politics... which I am not... I don't really recommend it. That ended and I didn't know what to do with myself cuz we still had like 2 hours. I pulled out my Ipod and was going to listen to music till I realized I had ONE movie on my Ipod I could watch... I started watching "The Three Musketeers". I hadn't watched it in a while, but it was hard to follow cuz the noise from the plane was loud and the volume wasn't very loud during the movie for some reason... even though it was up full blast. I did it though. I stayed awake the entire trip... while mom slept next to me. Blah. We pulled in... and I was so excited the trip home was over. I was also excited to see my brothers Jamey and David... and Brian... cuz they came to pick us up. We exchanged hugs and went to the luggage claim. Got our stuff and went home. I was happy to be home... to be in my own bed... to not have to share a room with anyone anymore... to see my babies! At first I think they didn't really know what to think of me, but Abbi ended up sleeping with me last night... and waking me up this morning wanting attention. Ah... I missed that. :) When I woke up both my babies were on my bed this morning. I think I slept for almost 12 hours last night... and felt pretty good when I got actually got up this morning. Anyway... I'm home safe and sound... and trying to recoperate from my trip. :) The trip was amazing, but I am also glad I'm home. I'll probably be wanting to go back in like a week or two though. :) HA! BYE!

No comments: