Monday, September 1, 2008

Europe Trip - Day 12

Day 12 - Nice, France

This is our room in Nice, France. Where my backpack is, in the right corner, will end up being where my roll away bed will go.

Checking out the view from our balcony

Check this out!!! It's gorgeous... and the beach below there is a topless beach. HA!!

Dad reading after having a dip in the pool.

Just hanging out by the pool

Kenny and Frances Lynch

Gotta love the complimentary slippers

I don't have a ton of pictures today because we drove for like 7 hours to get to Nice, France (It's pronounced like niece, if you didn't know). Which is less time than we thought it was going to take us. I ended up sleeping through the first half of the drive... then watched a movie for most of the second part. I only have two movies on my laptop because I forgot to load more on before I left... so I've been watching either "Wall-E" or "Mamma Mia!" while I've been here. Don't get me wrong... I like both of them... but there's only so many times you can watch two movies. :) Anyway... the drive was through lots of tunnels and mountains again. It was really nice when we got to the shoreline though. The Mediterranean Sea is really pretty. The drive by the water was still through tunnels and mountains, but at least I could see the sea every so often too. We got to the hotel around 4 in the afternoon, but didn't really have anything planned for today. We settled in our room and checked out the view from the balcony. Dad wanted to go for a dip in the pool on the roof of the hotel... and mom didn't bring her swimsuit, so she did a power walk down the promenade by the beach. Dad went up to the pool to swim and read... I didn't feel like swimming today... and it was late in the afternoon and the sun wasn't really out anyway... so I stayed in the hotel room and played on the internet. This is the best internet connection I've had the entire trip... so it was nice to be able to play around on the computer like i did at home. :) After a bit I went up to the pool to sit and chill with dad. Mom showed up a little bit later and we went down to the room. We decided that we didn't really need to go out to eat because we had leftover stuff we had gotten to snack on in the car... so that was our dinner. We ate it out on the balcony. When we were done... I was back in the room starting to watch "Wall-E" again... and randomly I noticed dad had started talking to the the neighbors in the room next to us. It was kind of weird, but not too weird because dad is a little social butterfly. :) He talked to the guy for a bit and came in the change because they were going to go next door to talk to the neighbors... I didn't want to go. Mom and dad went over and I sat in the room watching the movie. Then dad called on the phone and said I had to come over and bring my laptop cuz they wanted to meet me and dad wanted to look something up on the internet. With no choice in the matter... I went over... which ended up not being bad at all. They were very nice people... and they were from Ireland, so it was fun talking to them. :) Their names were Kenny and Frances Lynch. We sat and chatted with them for over an hour... even Christina got to talk to them because she "called" me on the webcam while I was there. It was funny. They seemed to enjoy that. Dad was getting tired so we needed to go. We came back to our room and I chatted with Christina and Michael for a bit on the webcam, but once mom and dad started turning off the lights and telling me to keep it down... I figured it was time to say goodbye. :) So here I am in the dark... writting this blog... and starting to get a wee bit tired. So I guess I'll go now. Catch ya on the flipside!!

2 comments:

Amy Herzog said...

kick ass bed Cat! Its so sad that we are so attached to the computer. haha. Our electricity went out for 6 hours yesterday (Sunday). We kept calling RMP to see what was the problem, but the number of people out of power went up and they still couldnt find out the problem. Since we didnt know how long we would be without power I went and got some candles, beer, and candy. Survival supplies. Screw batteries. HAHAHA...so there is somthing for you to read. Yor trip looks amazing. I shall keep on reading and being continually jealous. Have you heard about Hurricane Hannah and Gustav? Kinda sucks, I guess almost 2 mil people evacuated prior to gustavo arriving so hopefully not one dies. At least homeland security is ready this go around. I dont understand why people live in a city that is below sea level and will always be at risk of evacuation until that part of LA breaks off and becomes an island. HAHAHA jk. Ok..sorry...wow....lots of silly info you probably already know. K...peace out!
Oh....p.s. u suck and I am still jealous! :P

Unknown said...

I am so jealous. So far, your trip looks incredible. Nice, France! What a place... You have to see the Cours Saleya Flower Market, the Nice Port, and the Russian Cathedral. No, unlike you I haven't been there, but I studied the area for a while and I can easily envision myself taking in the sidewalk cafes, and souvenir shops surrounded by stands of amazing produce and myriad flowers. Yes, I am at work and I should be working; not daydreaming. I am saving plenty of projects for you to take care of upon your return, HAHAHA! (JK). Avoir le temps de votre vie! ...Now, I think that means,"Have the time of your life.", but my French isn't that good so, I wouldn't repeat it. - Adieu - Pam