Sunday, August 31, 2008

Europe Trip - Day 11

Day 11 - Dardago, Italy


Isn't it pretty??

The little village by the lake

This was like a life size kind of chess set. I thought it was awesome!

If you can see dad's banana split there... the bowl is in the shape of a swan.

Doesn't that just look delicious?? And it was

Gelato time!

Funny little statue that was in Barcis

Today was very chill... We woke up... just as early as usual (UGH) and went to church. It was an English speaking ward which was nice cuz I was afraid it was going to be an Italian ward and I wouldn't know what was being said. :) We only went to sacrament and then headed out. We rewarded for going to church by going out and getting gelato afterwards. ha! I wanted to go home to change before we went on a drive, so we went back to the house. We were there for a bit while everyone changed to go, but we decided to grab some lunch first. We went to this little restaurant called "De Genio". Good stuff. What I've learned while in Italy is that they order differently. It's interesting. Usually everyone starts with an appetizer... then they have the first dish, which is a pasta of some sort... then they have a second dish, which is a meat... and then they have their side dishes... then desserts. It's a lot of food. I've only been ordering one of the dishes because I can't eat an appetizer, two different dishes and a side dish. That's a lot of food. :) Once we were stuffed, we went back to the house again. Now it was nap time. I haven't had nap time in... months!! Dad and Don went and took a nap. I tried posting those other blogs real quick and helped Carrie with her cat Tiger. He hasn't been feeling well... and she's worried about him. We were trying to give him some medicine and such. After all that... I finally took a nap. It was like an hour, but of course it didn't seem long enough. They came and woke me up because they were ready to go on the drive. I pulled myself out of bed and we were off. It was a really pretty drive. The village we drove to was called Barcis. It's right next to a lake... and was so pretty. We walked around for a second... and lo and behold... there was another gelato place. Once again... we had gelato. Twice in one day... I must have been a good girl. :) HA! The gelato here wasn't just scoops... they had some fancy stuff you could order with fruits and everything. So we sat down and enjoyed our gelato. Afterwards we walked back to the car and drove home. That's pretty much my day today. Pretty laid back... and not running around like crazy for once. I played on the internet for a bit. Tried getting on video chat with my siblings, but the connection wasn't very good or something... and it was just a big pain... so I got off anyway because it was getting late and I still had to repack all my, newly washed, clothes and go to bed. We have to get an early start in the morning to head to Nice, France. It's going to be about an 8 hour drive. No way I'm going to be able to stay awake during this drive. :) Well I'm off like a prom dress (that one was for Brian). HA! Peace out... A town!

P.S. So I was working on my blog... heard a noise... and saw this crawling along the floor. Look at this thing! It's creepy. I've never seen a scorpion in person. I had my mom come and help me get rid of it. HA!



2 comments:

Amy Herzog said...

uggg....I thought scorpions only resided in hot deserts. I am ALWAYS wrong though. Barcis, I can retire there based on that photo you took. AMAZING! I love the architecture of Italy. Not like I have been there before or anything, but movies never fail me!! HAHAHA jk.

Amy Herzog said...

ALSO, ALSO, ALSO, MOAB, UTAH has a lifesize chess board at one of the campgrounds. Next time you dont have to go so far to see one!! haha jk.