Monday, August 25, 2008

Europe Trip - Day 3

Day 3 – Amsterdam



Here's what we will be touring most of Europe in :) WOO NISSAN!!


What am I supposed to do with all this Monopoly money????


And of course there's windmills in Holland

Our hotel in Amsterdam... it's a Holiday Inn.


Such a bigger room than the one in Paris. :)

SOOO COMFORTABLE!!

I wanted to go hang out on these boats. It looked fun :)



Anne Frank House


This is for my bros!!! :)

GRRRR!!!


What I could get of the Red Light District


This is about 80% of Amsterdam's mode of transportation


We got two free drinks at the bar so me and my dad went. I got a "Driver's Drink"... so non-alcoholic.

This is my pimp chair

My AWESOME new jacket


Well… I’m writing today’s blog now and saving it in Word because apparently you have to pay to use the Internet at the Holiday Inn here in Amsterdam. Oh well… I’ll just have to post it later and everyone will have to deal with it. ☺ Today was a little harder to wake up. I think I’m getting used to the time so my body wants to sleep in again. ☺ HA! I woke up and did my hair... which was interesting since I’m used to straightening it. I’m trying to get used to how it looks right now. I guess it’s not too bad. We packed up all of our stuff and headed to the lobby in our hotel. We grabbed some breakfast at the hotel so we didn’t have to try and find somewhere and while we were eating they called us a taxi. Once the taxi came we had it drop us off at Europcar… which is where we picked up our rental car for our drive around Europe. It took forever to try and get the car. There was a nice little lineup. I didn’t know it took so long to rent a car, but we finally got it. My mom wasn’t too happy at first because there’s not much of a trunk to it, but I showed her we could fit all of our stuff in there just fine and we left. We got the GPS system to work and started the 5 ½ hour drive (mostly because of traffic) drive to Amsterdam!!!! I spent the duration of the drive checking out the scenery and watching a movie on my laptop. ☺ Gotta kill time somehow. As soon as we got here and checked into our hotel, we set straight out for downtown Amsterdam. There is a tram that works its way through Amsterdam pretty much exactly like the trax in Salt Lake. We got off on our stop and headed for the Anne Frank house. That’s the biggest reason we came here. I’ve always been interested in the Holocaust stuff and Anne Frank is such a good story. On the way to the house we noticed there was something like a concert going on on one of the canals. It was pretty cool. People had all their boats tied together to sit and watch it. We got to the house and it was awesome. I couldn’t believe I was actually in the same place that her and her family were in hiding for so long. You weren’t allowed to take any pictures inside at all so I’m sad to say I can’t post any of the inside. Once that was done we went to go grab something to eat. It was way past dinner at that point. We saw these guys… one I think was American and he kept pointing at his friend saying her was a German, along with some other colorful words. They weren’t bums or anything… they were actually dressed in suits. But I do believe they were nice and drunk carrying around their beers. Funny enough… the German guy turned around and started peeing in the canal… my mom kinda laughed and blushed. It was funny. We didn’t see anything though… I think my mom would’ve had a heart attack. We found a nice little place to eat and when we were done the plan was to go to the “Red Light District” (the porter at the hotel called it the male shopping center HA!)… my mom wasn’t happy with that. But I still wanted to see. So my mom waited at some monument thing and my dad took me over there. We only walked a good like half a block and back because I guess it was starting to make my dad uncomfortable…. And started back to the tram station. While we were waiting for our ride… I ran into a souvenir shop and got my awesome new jacket. I love it! ☺ Anyway… we’re back at the hotel… just switched rooms cuz the other ones shower was broken… and now I’m going to head to bed. Do another tomorrow and hopefully I’ll have Internet so I can actually post it. Laters!!

2 comments:

James said...

Nice mac photo. :) Funny how Mom and Dad always make Amsterdam a quick spot. Seems like more time could be spent there. Especially in the Red Light District. ;)

The Dimick Clan said...

agreed! AND AGREED! HAHA

Did i mention i agreed with your bro?... ha!