Monday, August 25, 2008

Europe Trip - Day 5

Day 5 - Germany and some of Prague


A playground that Christina would play at down the road from the Ticu's.

My place of birth has a castle... does yours? :)

Das ist das Krankenhaus wo ich war geboren (I hope that was right... I don't remember a lot of my German... but it should say "That is the hospital where I was born")

Friedburg, Germany... Gorgeous

Friedburg temple... my parents thought we'd check it out.

I get my own little mini room here... very nice.


The streets of Prague


He came to the window to say hello as we walked by.

Where we had dinner the first night in Prague.

There's an Absinth bar in our hotel in Prague... interesting

Some of the menu


I got woken up today by my dad telling me I had to hurry and get ready because we had to find a place to change a couple of tires on our rental car. I guess a two of them looked like someone before us had rubbed up against a curb or something and ruined them. We're lucky they didn't blow before this while we were driving on the Autobahn. Frau Ticu spent some time on the phone and found someplace for us to go in Friedburg. She also came with us to translate. It's nice to have friends in places that you don't know the language well. :) We got the tires fixed... probably took like 30 minutes... and then we were off to check out some things in Friedburg before we left for Prague. We first stopped at the hospital in Friedburg that I was born in. It had purple windows, which I thought was kind of funny. Next we stopped at the temple in Friedburg. My parents thought I'd like to stop and see it. Then it was off to Prague. Another long drive. I tried staying awake as much as I could, but it just wasn't happening. Driving is so boring... and you can only see so many trees. HA :) So I slept most of the way to Prague. Woke up a couple times when we stopped at gas stations because it has become my job to pump the diesel when we stop. Don't ask me why. :) When we finally got here... it was probably like 6 or 6:30... so we just checked into our hotel... walked down the street a little bit to find a pizzeria to eat at and came back. My parents have been asleep for probably like 2 hours while I've been trying to get this SLOW internet connection at the hotel to post my blogs. Its been quite the pain, but at least I finally got them up. :) YEAH BABY!! So I'm gonna go take a shower now and go to bed. Gotta get up to tour Prague tomorrow. Night ya'll!!

2 comments:

James said...

That's an AWESOME boxer!! I'm glad you took that photo. :)

geekknocker said...

BRING ME SOME CANDY!! THAT'S ALL I WANT!!!! AS MUCH CANDY AS YOU CAN GRAB!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! BRING ME and my family SOME CANDY!!!!