Friday, August 29, 2008

Europe Trip - Day 7

Day 7 – Salzburg, Austria


I had to take a picture of this sign as we crossed into Germany again. :)


This is the first Dr. Pepper I have seen in Europe. If you know me... you know how happy I was. Everything non-alcoholic here is Coke, Fanta (orange), Sprite and water.



Those are the Alps in the background... from a distance.


Ah... the beautiful countryside.

They require that every car driving in Austria has one of these in it.

Mozart's house.


My Wienerschnitzel meal


Mom trying to map out our next move... dad just chillin like a villain.

Cute little pedestrian street with stores and such.


Fancy way of saying McDonalds


If you can't read the German on front of the house... it says Mozart's birth house.

Statue of Mozart

And once again the hotel we’re staying in makes you pay to use their Internet connection. Soooo stupid! Anywho… today wasn’t as active as usual. We checked out of our hotel and headed out of Prague. Our biggest problem today was the GPS system that we’ve been using. After you turn it off and try turning it back on again…. It has a hard time getting a signal when you’re around tall buildings or trees. Problem is… that’s about all there is in Prague. We had to try and get away from the city before we could get a signal and actually know where we were going. The second pain of the day with the GPS is that it wanted to take us on all the back roads to get to Austria and it started getting to my dad because he couldn’t go as fast as he could if he was on the Autobahn and there were a bunch of trucks that would go UBER slow. ☺ So dad just kind of turned it off till we got closer to Salzburg since he really only needed help finding the hotel. What was supposed to be a 5 hour drive ended up being 6 hours. Once we got to Salzburg and to our hotel we got settled into our new room and went downstairs to the lobby to try and decide what we were going to do. We decided to go get something to eat first. We walked the streets of Salzburg to a restaurant that the hotel suggested named “Stern Brau”. It’s a Biergarten. Which is just pretty much an outdoor restaurant. It was pretty fun. We got some Wienerschnitzel (veal pounded really thin, breaded and fried), but I couldn’t eat a whole lot of it. I tried, but once I got to kind of a hard to chew bit… I couldn’t get myself to eat anymore. After dinner dad went back to the hotel and mom and me went to walk around Salzburg. We went down some just small pedestian roads to check out some of the stores and find the house that Mozart was born in and the statue of him. By that time it was starting to be dusk so we walked back to the hotel. We went to go check out the pool too once we got back to the hotel because I was thinking of going swimming, but it was so small it wouldn’t have been worth it. So I just went back up to the room… and here I am… writing this blog for all of your enjoyment. ☺ Even though it won’t be posted for like another 2 days. That was my day today… and now I think I’m gonna go soak in a bubble bath and try to soak these soar muscles away. ☺ Till next time… Chao!!!

4 comments:

The Dimick Clan said...

um the "dinner" sounds yuck.. dont blame you for passing after a tad haha im a picky eater tho so---- im sure others find it yummy sounding! i miss you like i miss powell... thats a lot! you know this! have fun missy and cannot wait to comment on the next post :)
MUAH!

mykey said...

I think it's funny that you can't get real wienerschnitzel at wienerschnitzel. :)

James said...

wienerschnitzel is awesome. how can you pass it up? :) It sounds like you guys are getting a bit worn out. Hope the trip continues to go well. Have fun in Italy!

Amy Herzog said...

Motzart eh? *sigh* Did you go in? I am really bummed now. I love classical music and Motzart and Chopain....yea, and I am odd little weed. ha. Dra didnt even miss me in powell, u suck....DRA! haha...ok... back on subject. Cool McDonalds Sign. Is there a reason why it had to be so darn fancy, or is it because Europe does everything better than America! HA. I hope your following the presidential campains going on...watch the DNC on you tube if you get a chance, well at least obamas speech, even if your not democrat. The RNC in this wednesday sometime. I dont like politics but somehow I am very drawn to this election.
Tell dra to throw you a welcome back soiree! YEAH!!! DRA!!! WOOO!!! When are you coming back?