Friday, August 22, 2008

Europe Trip - Day 2

Day 2 - Versaille and more Paris

Woke up to a rainy Paris, but did that stop us? NO!!!



Took a train to the Chateau of Versaille.

This would be my lunch. The bread in Europe is AMAZING!!!


Me sporting the audio tour of Versaille. It's hot huh?

This is the famous "Hall of Mirrors". It's pretty awesome.


Someday... all this will me MINE!!! As far as thee eye can see!!


The gardens here were spectacular


On to Notre Dame. Can you see Quasimodo???

I lit a candle for each one of you!!!

The Phaaaaaanntom of the Opera!!! This is the Paris Opera House. Way cool!


Le Grande Staircase!

Le Auditorium


Le Chandelier



This.... is my new boyfriend. Just like I like them... almost nude... with a horse. HA


Can't come to Paris without seeing the Eiffel Tower. Can't see it, but there was a rainbow next to it.

You do what the advertisement says!!! Or else!!!


Arc de Triomphe

Champ de Elyse


Ah.... Amor!!

My awesome hair after a full day in the rain. Love the frizzy waves.



Today I woke up... by myself... at like 8. I have NEVER gotten up that early on my own and felt awake... well since I was a kid and got up for Saturday morning cartoons. I got up... got ready... and was surprised by a rainy day in Paris. Crap! Oh well... so we headed out for Versaille. We walked to the train station and got our tickets. The train ride was alright until we didn't get off the right stop. We went past two stops past the correct one, got off, and couldn't figure out how to get on a train to go back where we needed to go. We couldn't read the train schedule, but we finally found a worker to ask... although he didn't really speak English. It was interesting. We found the right platform and made it to Versaille and walked to the Chateau. Walking in the rain is pretty fun, but not when you're going to have to be wet all day. :) The Chateau was huge!! I took so many pictures and I wish I could've blogged them all, but there was no way. I already had too many pics to choose from. When we got to the Chateau they had a little place you could eat. So we grabbed some food. I enjoy the breads in Europe, they are incredible... so that will probably be the majority of my diet while here. We toured around the Chateau with our trusty audio tours that tell you what each room is... and then we went out to see the gardens. I love old gardens like that. They are gorgeous!! After that we set sail back to Paris. We hit Notre Dame first. It's really dark in there, but the stain glass windows are pretty cool. I wanted to go up to the top to see the gargoyles, but not enough to pay for it. So we headed to the Paris Opera house. I was so excited. I'm a huge Phantom of the Opera fan... and that's supposed to be where it happened. By that time it was almost dinner so we walked across the street to a little restaurant called "L'Entracte Opera". I enjoyed the food... and for a split second thought of ordering the snails, but then laughed at myself for even thinking it. HA! After dinner we grabbed a taxi to the Eiffel Tower. We walked around because I decided not to stand in line to pay to go to the top. Maybe I should have... I dunno. We'll see if I regret it later on. We walked away to get a better picture of the tower. While mom was taking some pictures of her own... I was watching some little birds hopping around on the cement wall. I think some boys thought I was looking at them... cuz then they started trying to get my attention by clapping. I looked... smiled... waved... and walked off. They were like 17. And I was with my parents... come on. We then took another taxi to the Arch of Triumph... wandered around there for a while... then walked down the Champ de Elyse. It's a very popular street in Paris where all the richy riches shop. :) Kind of like a Rodeo Drive. It's really long too. By then it was starting to get dark and we came back to our hotel. Mom and Dad are already sleeping... and I need to go shower and get ready for bed. Gotta get up and leave for Amsterdam tomorrow. WOOHOO!!! Night!!

3 comments:

James said...

Sounds like an AWESOME day! Did I ever mention I'm totally jealous. I wish I could have crammed myself into one of your bags. :)

Amy Herzog said...

amazing! I am so glad your posting while your away! I am still jealous like James!

The Dimick Clan said...

just got home from pizowell.. im burnt EVERYWHERE.. miss you like usual :)