Friday, September 5, 2008

Europe Trip - Day 16

Day 16 - London/Stratford-Upon-Avon


This is the place we stayed. Elizabeth House Bed and Breakfast

Abbey studios

Walking Abbey Road... best pic we could get with cars coming and going

This was Jamey's first home in England

The gate to George Harrison's old house. The little house to the left is the guards station I believe.

Does anything seem wrong with this picture?

This is our new rental car

Front of Shakespeare's birth house
Backyard gardens of Shakespeare's birth house

Going into Shakespeare's birth house

William Shakespeare's tomb

The church where Shakespeare was buried

This is the hotel we're stayin at. It's called the Legacy Falcon Hotel. The outside looks old, but the inside is modernized.

So... my parents got me up and going this morning so I could take a shower and get ready to leave our bed and breakfast. When I was close to being finished getting ready... dad went and got our new rental car. This will be our car for the remainder of my trip... which is less than a week. Weird. Anywho... we got everything packed and into the car and were off towards Bakers Street, which is where the Beatles Store was. I thought it was going to be bigger than it was, but it was just a small store, but they had some cool t-shirts and stuff. Mom and dad didn't come with me... they just circled the block till I was done. I ended up buying myself a few things and then we headed towards Abbey Road. I was really happy that we got to squish these things into the trip. We hadn't planned them beforehand, but my dad was nice enough to figure out how we could. :) It was starting to rain... so Abbey Road was pretty quick. Just tried to take a picture then go. After that we drove up to where my family used to live before I was born. It's a cute little house. Then we hurried on over to where George Harrison used to live. I remember last time when we came here and we stood too close to the gate and the guard told us to move away from the gate. That's about all I remember though. Apparently... it must have been a different, less aware guard on duty the day that George Harrison was killed... stupid guard. When I was done taking pictures at the gate we headed to our destination for the day... Stratford-Upon-Avon. :) I love Shakespeare... so this was a treat for me. I mean... being in the same village he grew up in. We found our hotel and then headed out for Shakespeare birth house. You cant take pictures inside... so I don't have many pics of it, but it was apparently a pretty big house for that day and time. Then we walked over to the church where Shakespeare was buried and saw his grave... next to him is buried his wife Anne Hathaway... his daughter... son-in-law... granddaughter... and I believe the guy that married his granddaughter. While we were there... there were people planning out their wedding ceremony there. I thought it'd be cool to get married there. When that was done... we headed out to find somewhere to eat. It's a small village, but I guess it's hard to find a place to eat that would appeal to all three of us. Afte walking around in the rain for a while... we went to the pub that was just like a block from our hotel. Good food. It was yummy! Once dinner we headed back to our hotel room. I guess everything here closes early. All the stores and what not were closed by 5 or half past... which I thought was weird, but whatever. Mom and dad went to bed around 9 and I'm just chillin' in the room. I watched a little british comedy... which was funny... and worked on posting the last two blogs I didn't get to do the last two days. It was a pain cuz the connection here is kinda crappy, but at least it's internet. :) But yeah... mom just woke up and said I should probably go to bed. Gotta be waking up around the normal time. Seriously... one of these days they're really gonna need to let me sleep in. I mean... come on... I'm on vacation! :) ARRIVEDERCI!!!

1 comment:

The Dimick Clan said...

its really cool how you get pics of christina, jamey, and your "firsts" in Europe.. really cool to be able to see! :) i shall see you soon.... soon! :)