Monday, September 8, 2008

Europe Trip - Day 18

Day 18 - Inverness, Scotland

Driving through the highlands of Scotland...

More of the highlands...

And even more...

This is Loch Ness... Can you see Nessie??

THERE SHE IS!!

Exploring the streets of Inverness

Inverness Castle

ALL MUST WORSHIP CHARLIE THE UNICORN!!

My secret magical forest


This is the bed and breakfast we stayed at... well... at least as much of it as I could get in the pic.

It seems like the closer we get to going home… the less running around we’re doing. Just a lot of driving. ☺ Today was another driving day. We packed up and left Glasgow this morning. It was a really pretty drive though. Almost all the pictures I got today were just of scenery. I couldn’t help myself… it was just so pretty wherever we went. I guess that’s what happens when you drive through the highlands of Scotland. As we were driving to Inverness we got to drive by Loch Ness. Tried to see if we could see Nessie, but no luck. ☺ Dad pulled off at one spot just off the side of the road to see if we could go down some trail to the water so we could take pictures. It seemed like a good idea… but didn’t turn out to be so much. Dad went down the trail first and it was a bit steep. Me and I were a bit behind him and he started going down pretty fast. I thought he was just trying to get past the steep-ish part fast, but I guess he just couldn’t control himself going down and he fell down. He fell down pretty hard too. I was so scared, I ran down to him. I kept asking him if he was ok… it took him a minute to answer me. He had side swiped a rock that was sticking out of the ground, but his head wasn’t bleeding or anything… so that was good thing. He said he was pretty dizzy and sat for a second. Then I helped him get up and he said that he was seeing double. I was pretty worried about him. We all hiked back up to the car once dad wasn’t seeing two of me… and I kept asking him if he was ok to drive. I guess he was… cuz we were off again. Inverness was about 20 more minutes further down the road, so not too far to drive. We found our bed and breakfast in Inverness and got our stuff up to the room. Dad wanted to take a nap, but I told him that he shouldn’t in case he had a concussion or something. I’m pretty sure he didn’t… I checked his pupils, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. He did end up staying at the bed and breakfast while me and mom walked to the center of town to explore. There wasn’t much open because… one, it was after 5… and two, it’s Sunday. After wandering about for about 2 hours… we walked back to the B&B to grab dad and go have something to eat. Dad was just chillin’ in the room reading his book… so we decided to check out a hotel that we had seen down the road that had a restaurant. We were checking out the menu at the place and listening to the loud Scottish music that was playing in the bar connected to the restaurant… and while we were doing that… a couple locals started talking to us, trying to tell us to try this chicken that had haggis. Ew! Wasn’t about to happen. ☺ We talked to them for a bit and found out that the reason there was a big celebration happening in the bar section was cuz they were saying goodbye to a barmaid. It was her last day. She was moving. We finally said bye and headed into the restaurant. We weren’t very hungry so we just had a small dinner, but it was good. It was cool to listen to the Scottish music going on. At one point there were bagpipes. It was fun. After dinner we headed back to our room. Now… we’re just sitting about… the tv in here has a VHS player… and there were a couple movies… mostly Disney. So we’re watching “Mary Poppins”. But I do need to take a shower and plug my computer in… the battery is getting really low. So I’m going to have to say bubye for now. See ya later alligator!

1 comment:

James said...

I can't believe dad fell. :( I'm glad he is okay. He needs to be careful. We can't be having anything happening to mom or dad. Looks like a beautiful area though. Did I mention before that I was totally jealous? :)