Friday, September 5, 2008

Europe Trip - Day 14

Day 14 - England

The phone booths in England are awesome!

Hello? Heeelllloooo??

This is the pub that we had dinner

Inside of the pub... it was pretty nice inside.

This was hanging in the pub... They're so helpful. :)

What color do you want your door to be?

What a coincidence!

This is part of the room in London. The other half is the corner where my bed is... that you see in picture above. :) (also... can you see why dad is smiling? what's in his hand? ha)


Ah… the joys of sharing a room with your parents. I’m sitting in the dark with just the glow of the laptop to see. It’s like 9:00 and mom and dad are asleep in bed. It’s not really a big deal, but… I can’t get an Internet service here… so I don’t really have anything to do when I’m done writing my blog. Guess I can watch one of my two movies for the hundredth time. ☺ Well… there’s not much to say about today cuz it pretty much took us the entire day just to get here. We had to wake up all early and be gone by 8:00 this morning because we had to drive about 2 hours to Marseille to catch our plane. The plane didn’t leave till one, but with 2 hours to drive… dropping off the rental car… checking in… security… and checking passports and what not… we needed to be there early I guess. So sadly enough… we left the nice, sunny beaches of Nice and drove to the airport. We were there early enough that we had to wait about an hour or so before we could even board the plane. Flying with Ryanair is quite interesting. There’s no assigned seating or anything… so when they finally let you know what terminal you need to go to… it’s like a mad rush. Everyone picks up their things and does a big cattle call down where they check your passports because everyone is trying to get seats where they want them. I almost wanted to “moo” as everyone pushed their way forward, but I resisted the urge. We finally got through the passport check and went to board the plane. Luckily we found 3 seats that were by each other and I got a window seat… so that was nice. It’s kind of funny to think of all that fuss for just a two hour flight. Once we landed, we had to go through customs (which is always a good time) and try to catch a bus into London, which wasn’t hard to do. It took the bus an hour and 40 minutes from the airport to get to our stop. Once we got to our stop and got our luggage we still had to walk and find our bed and breakfast. It took us a little bit to find it because we kept getting confused on where we were going. But we found it and got checked in. Our room kind of reminded me of the hotel we had in Paris. It’s bigger… that’s for sure… but it’s got a lot of street noise… and it’s not as convenient as a hotel. ☺ But I don’t mind it. It’s interesting and it’s not like everything can always go perfect when you’re on a trip… and we’re only here two days. But a bed and breakfast is something you have to try at least once while you’re traveling in Europe. ☺ By the time we got here… we found out that some of the places we were going to try to go to tonight… closed at like 5. Apparently things in England close early. So the only thing we could really do was go find somewhere to eat dinner. We decided to walk straight down the road, so as not to get lost. A couple blocks down the road we found a pub that serves dinner and we went and ate in there. The pubs name was “The Queen’s Arms”. I thought it was a cute little place. The food was good too (which was a shock). I wasn’t completely full when we left, but a stop at the supermarket across the road fixed that. We got some candy and I found a Dr. Pepper!!!!!! Second one so far in Europe… even in all the gas stations and restaurants we’ve been to. Either way… I was once again excited. ☺ So now… here I am… not really wanting to sleep, but thinking I might just have to. We do kind of have a busy day tomorrow, but we’ll see. ☺ Maybe I’ll go for a walk or something… although I doubt my parents would like that. Anywho… I’m outtie. Cheerio!

No comments: