Saturday, September 6, 2008

Europe Trip - Day 17

Day 17 - Glasgow, Scotland

Grabbed this picture of the Royal Shakespeare Company Theatre before we left.

Driving through the lake district

Hence why it's called the lake district

Where we bought the gingerbread... that's really how big the place is

It was a bit overcast and rainy during the drive in Scotland

The day got nicer the further North we went

We took my Aunt Joan's mom, sister and niece out to dinner. Back row (left to right): Jennifer (niece), Gwen (sister), mom (my mom). Front row (left to right): Me (moi), Granny (Joan's mom), dad (my pops).

This is our room at the bed and breakfast we're staying in. It's such a cute place. That little closet looking thing on the right is where my little nook/room is. :)

See? :) I thought it was way cute... and the little sign over the doorway says "Magical Kingdom" and it's Winnie the Pooh.

So... I'm getting really close to the end of my trip. It's almost time to come home. I'm sad, but excited too. It'll be good to be home with my babies... and not have to live out of a suitcase anymore... or drive someplace every other day... or walk around everywhere. I can be my lazy self again. :) Well... today was another driving day. We woke up kinda early and went downstairs to have our big breakfast. After breakfast mom and dad got their stuff all packed up while I walked down to the Shakespeare birth house again because yesterday I didn't have time to go to the souvenir shop... and I wanted to go. After going there... I walked back to the hotel. I was on a set time I had to be back.. and it was starting to rain anyway. When I got back... dad had the car all packed and was ready to go... so we were off, but not before we drove down the street to get me a picture of the Royal Shakespeare Company (or the RSC) Theatre. We headed out... and of course... I started falling asleep. :) I tried staying awake, but it's so hard. We were headed to Glasgow, Scotland today. We took the drive via the Lake District... so it was bit of a longer drive, but not bad. It's a gorgeous drive... which is one reason we went that way. The other reason is because I guess this one place makes the BEST gingerbread... and my mom really wanted some. And she got a good bunch of it while we were there. We had some for our lunch. It is actually really very good. After our healthy lunch... we started driving again. Next stop... Glasgow. The whole drive all together probably took like 6 1/2 hours. So when we got here... we found our bed and breakfast... checked in... then had to hurry to go pick up Joan's sister and mom for dinner. We went and picked up her sister Gwen first so that she could show us where Granny lived and make sure that we didn't scare her when we got there because Granny has slight dimensia... and weren't sure if she would remember us or if she remembered if we were coming. After picking them both up and visiting for a bit... we went to pick up Gwen's daughter Jennifer and see where Joan grew up. Cute little area she grew up in. We then touch a quite scenic drive to try and get something to eat. I was driving in Jennifer's car with her and we were following dad. We thought we were just going to get dinner, but apparently... they wanted to see some of Glasgow's sites... so we started driving about to see different places like... Glasgow University... some museum... the Glasgow cathedral... etc. Once it started getting dark and Granny was getting tired and hungry... we finally headed to get food. We ate at a pretty nice pub called "The Burnbrae". It was pretty busy there and it took a bit to get service, but the food was good... so I didn't complain. :) It's fun to talk to people who have different accents. It was hard at times to pick up on what they were saying, but I thought I did pretty well at understanding them. After dinner... we said our goodbyes and went back to the bed and breakfast... which ended up not even being a mile from where we ate... it was kinda funny cuz we had no idea we were that close. By the time we got home though it was about 11... so mom and dad went to bed. I talked to Jamey on my webcam for a little bit and got to see my babies. :) And now I'm trying to get my blog done and go to bed cuz dad told the lady we'd be ready for breakfast by 8:30 in the morning for some reason. Oh well... anyways... I should be off. Gotta get some rest. Going to Inverness tomorrow... should be fun. :) And I don't think it's a long drive. Cheers!!

No comments: